Monday, December 10, 2012

I dream violently.


Last night I had a rather vivid dream. I was given a raise and a promotion at work (in waking life, I work at the Denver Downtown Aquarium). My promotion was to work a brand new exhibit in the aquarium: giant crocodiles. 

In order to see the giant crocodiles, you had to walk through a glass door into a large open area and then walk across a rickety wooden bridge that was high above their pond. The only problem? The crocodiles liked to jump onto the bridge and try to bite the patrons. 

My job was to assure the patrons of two things. The first was of the fact that the crocodiles were actually heavy smokers, and the second was of the fact that they were only jumping up at them because they wanted their cigarettes.

"Don't worry folks! They're only trying to bite you because they want your cigarettes! Don't be scared! Just go ahead and toss them your cigarettes!....There you go! No worries!"

One of the crocodiles was so old and cancerous that it had a hole drilled in its throat. When one of the patrons tossed it her last cigarette, it swam out into the pond, lit the cigarette, rolled over on its back and smoked through the hole in its throat.


Is it wrong of me to wish that this would actually turn out to be my job someday?...

Love always,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment